You can catch the in depth post with my September goals here if you missed them last month.
Update from September's Goals:
- Post at least once a week - check!
- Increase my monthly pageviews to 500/month - close - I received almost 450 pageviews during the month of September! I may not have reached my goal, but I'm okay with that number. I'm excited about the growth of this little blog, so I am not going to be bummed out about the numbers. I've learned a lot about blogging during the past month, and that is all that matters to me.
- Be more active on Twitter and Instagram - check?
- Instagram: I tried to be active, and I at least put thought into what I would post, but I don't think I posted as much as I would have liked to. I also spent most of my time on my personal account, but I'm hoping to spread the time out more evenly.
- Twitter: I really enjoyed Twitter during the past few weeks. I put in some thought to scheduling out my tweets with Buffer and that was very helpful. The last few days I have seen a lot of engagement from my followers, as well, which is exciting. However, I need to try and make my tweets more "retweetable" if I want to see the engagement spread. (Favorites are awesome, but everyone likes retweets more.)
- Increase my followers on Twitter and Instagram - check-ish - I did gain followers as a byproduct of spending more time on those apps, but I haven't really focused on it. I guess engagement is more important than followers, in the end, though.
- Work on finishing college class - check - I'm still not done with it, but I'm a lot closer now than I was before.
- Finish registering for college - check - I have to wait to register for classes, but I'm pretty much done with everything else that I need to do before I start classes in January :)
- Keep my room clean - fail - This is a really hard thing for me to do, probably because I never really spend time in there.
- Spend more time with God - check - I can't even describe how much closer I've felt to God lately. I need more devotional time, of course, but I've gotten used to praying/talking to Him all day long. And let me tell you this, being close to God in that way can do wonders to getting through a rough work day when you feel like you can't last another second. God will always come through for you because He has an unlimited amount of strength that He is ready to give you when you need it.
Monthly Goals for October:
- Post 5x on my blog - I feel like jumping up to 2 posts a week is a little much for me at the moment, but having a set number for the entire month seems more feasible. Hopefully, I can post more than that if time allows.
- Write a "Fruits of the Spirit" series. - I am absolutely in love with the fruits of the spirit. They are just such a good way to focus on being more like Jesus. I've already basically written a lot of the posts for this series from when I did a devotional series with them in Sunday school a while back. However, I need to type them and make them into a blog post. Since I don't know how much time I'll have in a given week, I'm going to try and write them all before I start posting them. This will ensure that there won't be weeks in between two posts on the fruits. So, look forward to this series coming up within the next couple of months :)
- Engage with my twitter followers more. - As I said before, I do enjoy twitter very much, so I need to make it more of a two-way street than a one-way street where I tweet but don't read tweets from others. How can I expect someone to read my updates if I don't read theirs?
- Use my blog's Instagram more. - I know I mentioned this before, but I need to focus on growing my following on that account more than my personal account at the moment. I also really need to find some pictures to post. It's just hard when I am always working and don't go to any cool places worth photographing.
- Increase my monthly pageviews. - Since I didn't actually reach my goal for last month, I'm not going to necessarily make a high goal for October (even though I do actually prefer high goals with most things). So, with that being said, I am going to aim for 700 pageviews for the month of October. If I don't reach it, it'll be okay, but of course it would be nice to continue to see my blog grow!
- Use my Facebook blogging groups more. - These are a lot of fun and I need to utilize the connections I can make with other bloggers on this platform.
- Stop drinking soda. - (except for on special occasions) Water is so good for you, and I actually like plain water, so I think it would be smart to drink it more often. I've heard it's really helpful for losing weight, and it also allows people to not drink all of their calories. So, I need to stop my soda addiction and be healthy. :)
Comment your answer below :)
Thanks for reading my post, and subscribe if you want updates on future posts!